Sunday, April 4, 2010

Give Me an H! Part One

Three weeks ago, on a whim, I decided to make a T-shirt quilt to donate to the school's auction, which is this Friday evening.  Zoom, zoom, zoom...and now I am out of gas.  I've worked on it off and on, just a few days worth of work, and I have about an hour's worth of quilting left.  Perhaps I can find someone to bribe me with chocolate or a $500 shopping spree.  Or, an iPad.  That would work, too.



I used some leftover Aurafil thread to piece the quilt--Aurafil hit quilting shops a few years ago, and many people love it.  It's fabulous for hand applique, but I will never again use it to quilt something.  It's too fine a thread; it occasionally breaks and frays when I'm ripping back a few stitches.  From time-to-time, the top thread doesn't catch as I am quilting, and I end up with a long stitch -- probably just over an 1/8th of an inch long.  I've just started sewing over those stitches, which is not a best practice, but that's okay for today.

I think the back looks quite striking in person, but I haven't been able to photograph it well.  In the photos, the backing fabric is quite distracting.





Only twenty minutes left in my break.  More later....

No comments: