Saturday, April 17, 2010

That "H" Sold!

I'm proud to say that "Give Me an 'H'" sold at the school's auction for $450.  To put that in perspective, the fox terrier sold for $2,300, and the year-long guaranteed parking spot at the high school campus sold for $200.  Of course, $450 is nothing compared to the parent who paid for a new school bus....


The t-shirts in the quilt, 14 in all, are from various Hill High School events from 2007 to 2009.  The t-shirt-cutting gods were with me when I brought the shirts home.  Magically, I used all 14 shirts, and they fit together without my needing to add in additional fabric -- and the color balance worked out!


Here's another poor shot of the back.


Fortunately, last weekend, I took a photography class with Franklin Habit.  Now I have a better idea of how to make a shot like this work out.  Next quilt, perhaps?

Here are some close-ups of the t-shirts, post quilting:





Go Hawks!!!

No comments: